Thursday, February 23, 2012

#12: Faery Tale-Signe Pike

1/22/12
Titles can be deceiving if you look at a title sometimes you can tell what the genre of the book will be. But don't be swayed into immediate judgment, basically  don't judge a book by it's cover What I have learned in my over a year working at a bookstore is even thought we have heard not to judge a book by it's cover over and over it its still the cover/title that sway us. By looking at the title of this book most would be drawn into assuming it was a sci-fi/fantasy book so when I saw it at Borders in the biography section I was intrigued.

Signe Pike is a writer/publisher living in New York trying to cope with a devastating loss. Day after day it's the same thing. As she sets in her windowless office she wonders is there something more? What happened to the magic and wonderment she felt as a child? So she sets out on a journey, a journey to see if magic still exists in the would and maybe just maybe there really are faeries among us.

Though I bought this book well over six months ago and I just read it, and the timing couldn't have been better. I have recently found myself wondering the same things as Pike As I stop and think about what is going on in my life I find a hole in me , the place  where I sued to be able to see the magic of the world around me. Pike takes you along with her on her journey, her writing and experiences are so vivid and real you feel as if you are there with her. Even if you don't believe that faeries exist almost everyone can relate to her desire to recapture some of the magic we loose in growing up and having to find a way to accept and deal with the loos of a loved one. Pike reawakened the magic in the world around me and spurred my passion for creating and exploration.

No comments:

Post a Comment