Monday, February 27, 2012

#16: A Cadgers Curse- Diane Gilbert Madsen

2/6/12
One you've started reading a certain type of book or a series  ti can be hard to adjust and get into the next one. Also when reading an author I'm unfamiliar with I sometimes find it difficult to get into the book at first. I faced both these challenges going into this book but was pleasantly surprised at how easy the transition was.

DD McGill, once a professor of literature at a Chicago area University, now works as an insurance investigator. All of a sudden her life is full of murder investigations and suspicions. But on top of this her Aunt is visiting from Scotland and brings with her another mystery for DD.

It's funny how things just seem to connect together. Lately in the books I read, a story I recently finished writing, and in tv and movies Scotland has become a reoccurring theme. My mom's side of the family is from Scotland but I've never been, perhaps this is a sign that I should go.

I really enjoyed this book for many reasons. Madsen's writing style was easy and real. The characters were fun and interesting. The story had two different line to follow and yet it didn't become confusing. Madsen brought here Chicago setting to life making it easy to picture and got there in your mind. There was action, suspense, mystery, and a little bit of humor all combined to make one great read.

No comments:

Post a Comment