Tuesday, September 20, 2011

#57 - Cum Laude - Cecily Von Ziegesar

I've said it before and I apologize for saying it again but I don't stay within a specific genre for books. Now this book isn't something I would've picked up on my own but my friend Shawna had it and said I should read it. I started the book with some apprehension but quickly found myself setting that apprehension aside.

This book while not something I would typically read and not one of my favorite books was not bad. I enjoyed the characters in the book. They seemed very real and relatable to some extent as I am not far out of college myself.

The story while not overly enthralling was real and relateable. this seemed more like typical teen fiction or even some of the teen shows that are on tv. This auythor is in fact the author of one of the most noteable teen series "Gossip Girl".

One of the things I enjoyed most about this book was the location and the way the setting was described. Since the setting was in Maine I found it interesting. The author described the location well and I was able to picture many of the places in Maine that I recognized.

This books was entertaining to a point and like Shawna said 80% of the way through the book it got a lot better. If I were to rate this book I would give it 2 stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment