Thursday, September 1, 2011

Writer's Journal

When I was in High School the University of Maine at Machias hosted a Writing Workshop for young writers. My creative writing teacher suggested it so my mom and I went. While I was at the workshop I learned a lot of things but one of the biggest things that stuck with me was the idea of a writer's notebook. As we left the workshop I convinced my mom to stop somewhere so I could get a Writer's notebook.

I have had many different notebooks since but the idea behind them all is the same. In my notebook I can write down story ideas, character descriptions, things I see I want to remember, quotes I like, I can also add pictures postcards and other little doodads that interest me.

I always try to keep some sort of notebook with me. i have small notebooks that I keep in the center console of my car and one in my purse. Then I also have my writer's notebook. This is a small three ring binder. I like this because it's easy to add and remove pages. I have decorated the outside to reflect my personality. I love my writer's notebook because it gives me a place to put ideas and it is also a great place to pull ideas from if I get stuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment