Wednesday, August 10, 2011

#53 - Spellcast - Barbara Ashford

The theater is a magical place. Whoever would have thought that there would be a book that combines science fiction/fantasy an musical theater? I have to say that this would've never crossed my mind but it certainly caught my attention.

Maggie Graham is having a bad day, she lost her job and here apartment is literally falling down around her or on her.So she packs up and heads to a small Vermont town to take a break from the mess at home. She stops when she comes across a barn that seems unsettlingly familiar. So it begins a summer Maggie will never forget, a summer where anything can happen and does.

I love this book! I was turning the pages and staying up for just one more chapter. I love the combination of theater and science fiction/fantasy. There was something about the book that grabbed me and wouldn't let go. The characters are so real that you'll want to say something about one of them to a friend only to remember that it is a character in the book you're reading. I found myself laughing out loud and wanting to go tell everyone about the book I was reading. (sorry everyone at Borders who heard me go on and on about it every day)

Spellcast is a new and different and will have you under it's spell from the get go. (Yes it's a pun  but I like it so deal)

No comments:

Post a Comment