Monday, August 1, 2011

Getting the Itch

Now I never pictured myself as the type of person who would be constantly moving and making changes and yet here I am. Since I graduated High School I have moved 5 times in and out of apartments and dorm rooms and houses. Also since I started working I have had twelve jobs (most were seasonal or school positions I just want to make that clear). Now that I am out of college and have been for a year and working two jobs while I wait for a opening to start my career. I feel the itch to try something new. If I have to work jobs while I wait why could I go somewhere else to try it?

I've lived in Maine my whole life and only ever visited Florida, Massachusetts and Canada (just New Brunswick which is right across the river and Prince Edward Island but I don't really remember it). I want to try something new and exciting while I'm still young and not tied down. I want to go to all the places I've heard about. I want to see what life is like somewhere outside of Maine.
 
This attitude may seem strange to some of my family and friends. When I was younger I never wanted to go anywhere I was perfectly content at home. I wouldn't even stay at a friend's house for a long time. But something changed when I went to college four hours away from home and keeps changing as I get older. I want to see what is out there I want to try new things (not food probably I'm pretty stubborn there). There are days when I'm heading South on I-95 on my way to work and I contemplate just continuing to drive.

I feel like Bell at the beginning of Beauty and the Beast. "I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell" I need to do it, start putting aside money when I can and work toward my next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment