Monday, January 16, 2012

#1: Star Trek the Next Generation: Rogue Saucer- John Vornholt

Okay, okay I know what you're all thinking I posted on here that I was going to keep up with my blog and not get behind like I started to at the end of last year. Though I haven't been writing on here I have been writing in the book journal I said I was going to keep and have been busy reading quite a few books. Since I'm now forced to play catch up I'm going to date the next several entries and write them as they appeal in my journal. Also I have read several Star Trek books so I will abbreviate the beginning portions of the title for Star Trek the Next Generation books as STNG.

1/1/12
So I have this quirky obsession with tv shows and movies I like, I never want the story to end. So like any other nerd I go out and buy the books based on the tv shows/movies I love. This can be a hit or miss thing sometimes the books are wonderful and story true to the characters already created other time I wish I'd never read them.

Currently I am reading all the books based on the show Star Trek the Next Generation. I lvoe the show because it's character deep. Rogue Saucer is the second Star Trek novel I read and it was fantastic. This novel is set while the show was still running but written after the show ended. This has the advantage of know what happens in the show but the difficulty of not altering events or revealing things that haven't happened yet.

While the Enterprise saucer receives much needed repairs the hull take and experimental saucer and in typical Star Trek fashion nothing goes according to plan. Now with the Enterprise separated and so is it's crew, they will face challenges they never expected.

Reading this book I fel like I was watching an episdoe of the show. I was laughing and commenting on the book like I would the show. The characters were true to the show and the store was a believable one consistent with the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment