Monday, January 16, 2012

#3: STNG: Death in Winter- Michael Jan Friedman

1/3/12
It's official I have a serious problem, well two problems I guess. Problem #1 I have read three book in as many days. #2 I have no life enabling me to read three books in three days. Problem number one is only a problem because I'm going to plow through the books I have in record time. There is an upside though, my roommate has a ton of books I haven't read and I work in a bookstore.

Obviously I haven't run out of Star Trek books yet which is cause for much rejoicing, since I'm allowed to further indulge my nerdiness. These books take me to  world where I am lost in it's places and characters even when I'm not actually reading the book. While I was working today I found myself thinking about what I was reading and not what I was working on (granted I was just scanning and pulling inventory).

This book takes place shortly after the fourth Star Trek The Next Generation movie (Nemesis). As Captain Jean-Luc Picard faces many changes the most difficult is the departure of his friend Dr. Beverly Crusher from the Enterprise.

When Dr. Crusher goes MIA on assignment it is up to Picard and some of his former Stargazer crew to complete her mission and (most importantly to Picard) locate Crusher and bring her back safely. This book is wonderful for Next Gen fans with great characters, a well developed story, and an old foe who has again reared their ugly heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment