Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone!! Here I sit in front of my computer with my nose stuffed fuller than a turkey on Thanksgiving and hacking my lung up ready to start a 2012 and a new book count. 2011 was a decent reading year for me (probably thanks to the fact that I wasn't in school this year anymore and I was working in a bookstore for a majority of it.) I ended 2011 with 75 books on record for the year. There are a few I read that I didn't write about on here that I may write about because they were excellent books that I think everyone should read.

This year as well as keeping a blog about my reading adventures I have decided that I'm also going to keep a written journal of them as well since as I have mentioned I like writing by hand more than typing on a computer. I'm hoping that hand writing my reviews about the books I read will help me keep better track on here as well.

On the topic of new beginnings and resolutions I am here and now making a resolution to put my writing on the front burner again and not make any excuses why I'm not pursuing it. Yesterday I received a letter from a magazine I had submitted a story to back in November. They had decided not to use the story I sent them. I wasn't upset like most people instead I figure it's a step in the right direction at least I'm getting my work out there and looked at. I have started a folder that is in with all my other writing in a folder labeled "Character Building".

Happy New Year Everyone! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment