Monday, January 16, 2012

#2: STNG: Hard Rain- Dean Wesley Smith

1/2/12
Okay space cadets it's time to take a tip with me across time and space out into the stars and to . . . 1940's San Fransisco.

Another Star Trek the Next Generation book under my belt and this one was fantastic. I love it when things I love cross over. For example, when the character I love from the Next Generation are thrown into a good 'ole noir mystery. Captain Picard, Dr. Beverly Crusher, Data, and several other crew members must go onto the holo deck to solve a case that could save all of those in the program but also all the lives on the Enterprise.

So back in 1940's San Fransisco, Dixon Hill, PI, Luscious Bev ( his steady gal), and Mr. Data (his right hand man) must find their prize. As time is running out for the Enterprise and her crew the key to survival could be in the 40's but the question is where?

I loved this book it was well written and expecting and funny. The episode where Picard, Crusher, and Data go into the Dixon Hill program was one of my favorites so to see it continued in a fashion as a book was excellent. Smith did well combining the world of the Enterprise and the world on the holo deck. It was a great mystery perfect for it's setting on the holo deck and a story worthy of the Star Trek name.

No comments:

Post a Comment