Monday, March 12, 2012

#22: The Clue of the Black Keys: Carolyn Keene

2/20/12

It's amazing what you find in used book stores and antique stores. One weekend when my mom came to stay the weekend with me we ventured to a new favorite place of mine, the Chicken Barn. Despite what it's name implies there are no chickens present however the building is in fact a barn. A very large barn. The entire first floor of the Chicken barn is full of antiques, antiques of all shapes, sizes, and prices. The second floor of this wonderful establishment is comprise of used books and magazines. Being the avid reader I am I merely stood in amazement and awe on my first visit. Some of the books they have there are old, first editions, or just really cool looking. My mom, my aunt, and I all like Nancy Drew books but we especially like the hardcover ones that don't have the glossy covers that are in stores today but the older ones with original artwork.

Nancy Drew the young detective from River Heights has another mystery on her hands. A young professor comes to Nancy with a bit of a dilemma. He has a missing fellow professor and what they believe the location to a treasure. The young professor asks Nancy to hand on to one half of the three keys they found so as to keep it out of the hands of the people behind the older professor's disappearance. Nancy learns that this mystery must be solved quickly or she could be in trouble herself.

I read a lot of Nancy Drew books when I was younger and haven't picked one up in years until recently. I liked this one particularly because it tied into the archaeology I studied when I was in college. I love it when I connect the things I learned in school with the stories I read. It was a good mystery with lots of adventure and suspense. A perfect read for anyone of any age who enjoys a good mystery!

No comments:

Post a Comment