Saturday, March 31, 2012

#27: The Hunger Games- Suzanne Collins

3/2/12

This was a great read! You know when people keep telling you that something is the greatest and naturally you're skeptical and put off finding out if they're right? Or watching something become a huge craze and saying you don't want to be part of that? Well, that's what I did with this book and honestly I'm sad I didn't read it sooner because it was very good.

Katniss Everdeen is a young girl in a future where America no longer exists and trouble is a daily occurrence. When the thirteen districts rose up against the Capitol was angry and as punishment for the uprising the Capitol instituted the Hunger Games where a male and female between the ages of 12 and 18 must compete until only one victor remains. When Katniss' sister is selected to be District 12's representative Katniss volunteers to take her place. Now she will have to negotiate the arena and the other players and try to survive the Capitol's dangerous game.

Like I said I was hesitant to start this book because everyone was telling me how great it was I wasn't eager to jump on the band wagon with everyone else. When the movie was announced and my friends bought tickets and one for me. I was told that before I was allowed to go to the movie I had to read at least the first book. So grudgingly I dove in to the first book. Immediately I was captured and enthralled in the book. It was a fantastic read and I was thrilled throughout the entire thing. Collins created a world that was exciting and terrifying all at the same time. Whatever your age you will enjoy this book. You will be captured by the places, the characters and the threat. And wonderfylly written tale that will make your sking tingle with fear and excitement.

1 comment:

  1. FANTASTIC book series! It attracts a broad audience both teen and adult. Everyone should read!

    ReplyDelete