Saturday, March 31, 2012

# 29: Mokingjay - Suzanne Collins

3/8/12

It's always sad when a series we like comes to an end, however it is good for both the author and the reader to end on a high note for the series rather than dragging something out longer than it should just to put off the end. IF a series keeps going for too long the author looses the passion hat made them good and the readers loose the interest as well. So though it is sad the Hunger Games series is over I know it is also a good thing.

Katniss has survived the Quarter Quell but at what cost? A new game awaits Katniss a full out rebellion against the Captiol by the Districts and she has become the face of the rebellion willing or not. A war with the Capitol is not so different from the games themselves, the area is larger, there more people, but in the end the only one you can trust is yourself.

While I enjoyed this book it was my least favorite of the trilogy. Throughout most of the book it kept pace with the first two but at the end I found it dropped significantly. The ending felt rushed, too much information packed into too few pages. It was not the ending I expected for me otherwise well written series Despite the rushed ending I enjoyed the book and would happily read it again (and probably will).

No comments:

Post a Comment