Sunday, April 1, 2012

#32: Real Murders - Charlaine Harris

3/14/12

After reading a book that you loved that really captured your interest it can sometimes be hard to shift into another book especially when it doesn't grab you right away. If you're like me you stick it out until the book is done and sometimes you can be pleasantly surprised as the way things turn out.

Aurora Teagarden is a small town librarian who has an interesting past time, she is part of the Real Murders group. Once a month they get together and discuss real life murders that have happened long in the past. But Aurora and the group get a violent shock when the murders they have been discussing start occurring in the present day. Now the experts on the crimes are now the suspects and Aurora must figure out what is going on and who is doing this before she is next,

I found this book a little slow at the start now whether this is coming down off a great read that I had trouble adjusting but I stuck with it nevertheless. Once I was into the book I found that reading it got easier. The characters at first were a little hard for me to connect with but after time I got it. The story line was interesting, recreating past crimes and putting them together. I really enjoyed the historical crime aspect of the story and got pulled in by that. The plot is what kept me going and eventually I found my connection to the characters. Over all pretty good read and definitely worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment